Saturday, April 23, 2016

4 Things in 4 Years til 40 Years

Today marks 4 years until 40 years for me. Forty seems to be such a milestone and often people make goals or a bucket list of things to accomplish. I decided to go simple:


4 Things in 4 Years til 40 Years


1. Make The TIL Foundation a reality. A busy life with two kids makes getting the momentum behind this foundation much harder than I thought. In the Fall, Luke starts Kindergarten and we hope to start Tillery into some sort of day program that will allow me some uninterrupted time to focus on making this launch really happen.


2. Raise $100,000 for pediatric brain tumor research. This seems lofty but I figure if I set an easily attainable goal, I'll allow myself to underperform. Reality is, I've always been an overachiever so if I set a high goal, I'll work as hard as I can to get there. (Note, this goal can only be accomplished with the assistance of my super awesome family and the support of everyone reading this and everyone you know. I'll be calling on YOU for your time, your money, your resources, whatever. Get ready!)


3. Write a book. I've said many times over the years that I may write a book one day and now seems like a good time. For friends who have been with me through the years, you know I have plenty of material to pull from so perhaps a series is in order!


4. See our family be on the healthy side of this diagnosis. Having a sick kid is hard. Having a sick kid who looks healthy can be even harder. The day to day challenges aren't always visible to outsiders and even sometimes we forget how different our situation is from the norm. We have made it through some really hard times and some kinda hard times and now I'm ready to coast. We know there are a few more surgeries and chemotherapy in the near future but by this time next year, we may be through all of that. We have a very good chance of spending less time in medical offices and more time on playgrounds, ball fields, school hallways, etc.


I feel every single bit of my age. I have earned these years. I'm ready to make the next ones really meaningful. Who knows where this may lead? I'm ready to jump out there and try some things.


Thank you to my awesome and supportive husband who believes in me. Thank you to two crazy kids who inspire me to make this world better. Thank you to all of you who encourage me and our family as we go through life.




(If you are interested in getting the ball rolling on #2, you may make a donation to The Cure Starts Now online here or you may send a check to The TIL Foundation; 9508 Dayton Pike; Soddy Daisy, TN 37379.)





No comments:

Post a Comment